So I keep it no secret what motorcycle helmets that I like. If you look at the right side of this page you will see that I like Shoei and Arai. Today I was checking out a few of the paint jobs and I happened to come across the Arai Corsair V RC Race Carbon Motorcycle Helmet.
The thing that blew me away was not the look but the price. I found it anywhere from $3,500 to $3,999. So um yeah I had to see if that also came with a snazzy weekend in Vegas, it does not. I will admit the Arai Corsair V RC race carbon helmet does look awesome but the price hurts a ton.
Would you spend $3,500+ on the Arai Corsair V RC Race Carbon Motorcycle Helmet. I cannot justify it to my wife or to the bank. If I was rich and had money to burn then I would and I would not even blink an eye.
Do any of you own this helmet? Is it light? What do you like about it?
The best helmet on the market now available in Carbon Fiber!All Corsair V RC helmets take 22 man hours to produce and are a “Special Order” item. This helmet will take 3-4 weeks to ship.Each outer shell consists of no less than eleven carefully applied carbon fiber layers. The technology of the new Corsair V RC is based on that of the GP-6 RC car-racing helmet, which was specially developed for Formula 1 use. It consists of an extremely stiff and light carbon fibre outer shell, reinforced with the “Peripherally Belted” construction. A mixture of aircraft quality premium carbon fiber with Arai’s own resin and Zylon reinforcement proved to be the perfect mixture for the outer shell. It takes a skilled Arai craftsman a full working day just to make one outer shellFeatures:
- Newly designed shell with Hyper-Ridge around the bottom enhances shell strength while providing a larger bottom opening
- Larger bottom opening promotes ease of putting on and taking off the helmet
- Peripheral belting across the forehead area of the shell enhances structural integrity while maintaining flexibility, low weight and shell size
- Larger upper vent tabs make operating the vents easier even with thick winter gloves
- New Arai “SAI” shield with Super AdSis shield system
- New “SAI” shield is 5mm longer in each side and provides a wider field of view
- New “SAI” shield and base plates are exclusive to Corsair V helmets
- Latest generation of Dry Cool line has a new silver-grey color
- Rear mounting straps are slightly re-positioned exclusively to the Corsair V
- Neckroll is removable and has additional exhaust channels to remove interior heat
- Cheek pads have the exclusive Emergency Release Tab feature
- Newly designed side exhaust cowls exhaust heat as well as add lateral stability at speed
- Enhanced air inlets of the new DF-9 diffuser increase airflow efficiency
- Brow vents now duct air into the temple area and out the side vents for maximum cooling
- Exclusive AirWing provides unprecedented aerodynamic performance with 5 distinct positions
- DOT approved
- Snell M2010 Certified